Webinar Schedule and Participant Guide
Mon, Sept 19, 2022, 7pm Eastern, and each following Monday until the final webinar on Mon Oct 24. Please mark these dates and times in your calendar! If you miss the live webinars, the recordings will be posted in the course afterward.
You may also join our webinars from a mobile device by installing the official Zoom app from your preferred app store. Then, when it's time for a webinar, simply open your Zoom app and enter the 11-digit meeting ID which will be posted here before the first live webinar of 2022.
Webinars start at 7:00 P.M. Eastern and last for approximately an hour. Here is the schedule for webinars:
- Week 1 - Introduction to the course and expectations, demonstrate initial setup and configuring of QuickBooks to suit your needs.
- Week 2 - Show proficiency in setting up chart of accounts, items, and lists. Use examples of a farm’s setup process by identifying the use of different types of accounts in the software, and how items are tied to accounts
- Week 3 - Discuss the process of tracking income, whether or not using invoices. Use examples of different farm’s scenarios in tracking income for management decisions.
- Week 4 - Discuss the process of tracking expenses, whether or not using the software to produce checks.
- Week 5 - Share the importance of farm financial statements. The three we will focus on are Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Cash Flow Statement. Cover how to enter assets and liabilities as accounts in QuickBooks.
- Week 6 - How to generate reports for benchmarking and trend analysis for management, lenders and tax preparation. Review course topics, learning how to close out the tax year, how to backup and restore data files, and how to make year-end changes to your records.